Due to the Covid-19, masks are required at all notary appointments regardless of vaccination status.   

My name is Susan Coffin and I am your mobile notary for the southern areas of Lake County, California. I am available to serve your notarial needs in Clearlake, Clearlake Oaks, and Lower lake, Hidden Valley, Middletown, Kelseyville.  Because I also work a full-time job, I do not travel outside of the areas mentioned.  I am, however, happy to refer you to a notary who might be available to meet your needs.  

Due to my hectic schedule as a paralegal working from home, I am available for notary work by appointment only.  My availability is generally late in the afternoon into evening on weekdays and during the day on weekends.  

I currently do only General Notary Work, as I have retired from loan signing.  I am available to meet all your general notary needs. I can notarize your signature to any document of your choosing as long as that transaction complies with all requirements of California notary law.  Some common documents include, but are not limited to: 

1. Grant Deed
2. Deed of Trust
3. Quitclaim Deed
4. Loan Documents
5. Real Estate Documents
6. Power of Attorney
7. Sworn Statement
8. Statement of Consent for Application of Passport for child under age 16
9. Parental Consent for Travel
10. Application to Obtain Birth Certificate
11. Rental Agreement
12. Name Affidavit
13. General Legal Papers
14. Trusts
15. Sales Documents
16. Purchase Documents
17. Bills of Sale
18. General Agreements
19. Letters
20. Waivers
21. DMV Applications
22. Applications for copy of birth certificates, passports.

Before my arrival, please make sure your document is completely filled out.  I cannot tell you how to fill your document out or provide any advice because I am not an attorney.  My scope of work is to verify your identity and notarize your signature to your document.  

If a document has no notarial wording, I can only explain to you the difference between an acknowledgement and a jurat and direct you to choose which form you would like.  I cannot choose for you but I will explain what each document means. 

Of Utmost Importance!  I am not attorney and I cannot give legal advice!  

As a California notary, I am not allowed  give legal advice. This includes not giving advice regarding what documents need to be notarized, how to fill out documents, or what the documents mean in your particular situation.  I also cannot suggest what type of documents you might need or provide documents to you.  If you need any advice regarding your document(s), please speak to whomever directed you to have your signature notarized or seek the assistance of an attorney. 

For your notarization, please make sure you have a valid drivers license or identification card issued within the last five years.  If you do not have either, please let me know up front so that we can arrange credible witnesses who can swear, under oath, to your identity. These witnesses must comply with California identification requirements and have no vested interest in the document you will be signing.  

Finally, I must be able to communicate with the signer at all times. This means that no interpreters may ever be involved in the notarization process.  If you need a notary who speaks a foreign language, you can download a list from the California Secretary of State or search one of the big these databases:
Notary Café 
Notary Rotary

For those with hearing disabilities; we can communicate via the written word, or you must locate a notary who is able to communicate via sign language.  

If you would like my notarial services, please go to my contact page, or you can text or leave me a voice mail message at (707) 236-2952.  Either way, I will get back to you as soon as I can.